Why should you become a Rivers Rising Ambassador?
Rivers Rising Ambassadors gain valuable skills by helping us discover your community’s stories, lead local walks, inspire eco-friendly neighbourhood projects, and take part in developing an ecotourism social enterprise. Ambassadors receive $200 for creating and leading a short walking tour as well as completing hands-on training in relevant topics such as:
- local history & ecology
- key elements of digital storytelling
- engaging diverse communities
- how to lead walking tours
Weekly training sessions will be held starting January 16 to March 29, from 6:30pm to 9pm.
Who Should Apply?
We are looking for creative, motivated people who:
- are curious about local cultures, history & your natural environment
- are available for the training and can commit to attend all of the We
- are a minimum of 18 years old
- are a member of the newcomer or Indigenous communities
- live in either St. Jamestown/Regent Park or the Parkdale area
- can communicate well in English (additional languages are an asset)
- enjoy public speaking and working with people of different ages and backgrounds
- want to become more involved in your community
We strongly encourage applications from newcomers/recent immigrants and the Indigenous community.
To apply to be a Rivers Rising Ambassador, please fill out the application form and
To find out more about becoming a Rivers Rising Ambassador contact Paula Messina: firstname.lastname@example.org