Lead neighbourhood walks while gaining valuable skills and raising awareness about environmental and social issues
Rivers Rising explores Toronto’s communities to discover local stories where food, waterways, history and cultures intersect.
Receive training on how to lead walks and be mentored by the Rivers Rising team to learn about:
- lost rivers, urban agriculture, and local ecology
- Indigenous issues, culture and history
- newcomer/immigrant heritage and experience
How to apply
We are looking for eager, creative, motivated people who:
- are at least 18 years old
- can commit to a short apprenticeship period and a minimum of 6 months of leading walks
- can communicate well in English (additional languages are an asset)
- enjoy working with people of different ages and backgrounds
- have knowledge of/ are curious about local cultures, history & ecology
- like to share what you learn with others
Individuals from Indigenous and racialized communities are especially welcome to apply!!
Why become an Ambassador?
- Opportunities to gain income (honoraria and paid walks)
- Develop transferrable skills and experience
- Learn more about local cultures, history and ecology
- Work with people who share your interests
To learn more about this opportunity, contact Paula Messina: email@example.com
An orientation session will be held on April 7th for potential candidates.
To apply fill out the online application: